How to Find a Local Plumber in the UK?
Date : Aug 04, 2020
Author : Isaac A
Imagine walking in your house after a long, tiring day at work – only to find water all over the floor, coming from the bathroom.
Plumbing issues can catch you off guard anywhere. You could have a clogged drain, a leaky toilet, or a faulty boiler. If you don’t hire a plumber in time, these problems can cause significant damage. Unfortunately, only a reliable plumbing expert can fix these issues. Somebody who knows what they’re doing, how they’re doing it, and why they’re doing it.
But, how to find a local plumber who is reliable?
Most people put off faulty plumbing or leaky drainage until the last minute.
An open drain that would have taken just a few minutes to be sealed, now needs half a day’s work to be unclogged and sealed. What could have been a relaxed Sunday’s job has ended up being the reason you had to rush back home early from work. Also, since you had no time to look up the credentials of this “expert”, you end up with a poorly done job and a messy floor.
Instead of settling for plumbers who just *get the job done* without taking any responsibility, do some research. It will help you find a trustworthy, reliable, and experienced local plumber. All of us have faced plumbing issues sometime or the other – and this is why it is essential to hire trusted plumbing services experts near you.
The advantages are:
- Quick response time: Knowing the local plumbing experts gives you the peace of mind. That if anything goes awry, they will be able to reach quickly. Think how easy it would be to book an appointment, find a convenient slot, and buy sourcing materials.
- Awareness of lay of the land: A local plumber is familiar with your area, hardware stores, and drainage & plumbing systems installed in other houses. This gives them a significant advantage over experts visiting from somewhere else.
- Information and advice: Experienced plumbers don’t just provider plumbing services. They also give you valuable information on how to prevent such mishaps from re happening. With their expert advice, you receive long-term value for your money.
- Supporting the local economy: When you search for ‘plumbers near me’, you help specialists in your area to grow. In turn, you support economy of your region and state.
Should I hire a plumber or call a maintenance company?
Find a plumber is not difficult. Cultivating a long-term relationship with them is. And this is what distinguishes individual servicemen from established companies.
If you are in a dilemma, always think about:
Pros and cons of hiring a local plumber UK-wide
- One on one business means affordable costs;
- Price negotiations are possible;
- More time is taken to complete a task; and
- Have less control over the work done.
Pros and cons of calling an established company
- A bigger crew with more time-slots;
- Proactive communication;
- Strict supervision of employee health during pandemics or epidemics;
- Different professionals for different projects can be intrusive for some.
READ ALSO: 5 COMMON PLUMBING ISSUES
The best way to find a plumber you can rely on
Finding a local plumber is easy – hiring a great plumber is not. Trustworthy maintenance and service experts are preferred by everybody, but finding one is a tough task.
Let’s look at some of the tried and tested ways to hire a reliable plumbing services expert.
Word of mouth.
Asking for referrals might seem old-school, but it definitely works. Everybody uses plumbers, and personal recommendations are always welcome. Ask your friends, family, or next-door neighbours to suggest a local plumber. Nearby hardware stores, fixture stores, or plumbing supplies stores can also come in handy. You might even find a local plumber on the spot.
Live someplace far from your family? Just moved into a new neighbourhood? No problem.
You can ask experts from other fiends.
Local tradespeople are a close-knit community. You can ask those who’ve helped you in the past to recommend a local plumber. Maybe your electrician can suggest someone reliable. How about asking the gentleman painting your house? Give it a try. Chances are, you won’t regret it.
Can find someone still? No problem. There are is one other way.
The internet has brought the world closer. You can search for anything under the sun within seconds. Looking up a local plumber UK-wide online is another way to hire a plumber for your needs.
- Type local ‘plumbers near me’ on Google. You will be redirected to several listings along with reviews and ratings. Pick one that you like.
- Online business directories such as RateUsOnline feature several reputed plumbing services You can look at their services, read reviews left by previous customers, and make an informed choice.
Now that you know how to look for a local plumber, here are a few questions that will help you determine if he is ‘the one’.
3 questions to find a reliable local plumber UK-wide
Question #1: Are you licensed?
Some states require licensing. In such a scenario, make sure that your plumber is a licensed professional. Ask for credentials and their experience. There is no point in hiring a professional if they are not as experienced as their online profile claims to be.
Question #2: What will be the total expenditure?
Be careful about quotes you receive over a call. Experienced plumbers seldom quote prices without a preliminary site visit. Also, they do not start any work before providing an estimate on the repair. This estimate also includes the cost of purchasing any new parts or components.
Question #3: Are you insured?
While site injuries are unfortunate, you certainly don’t want to be on the receiving end. Ensure that your local plumber is bonded and insured before they begin working at your place.
Tips on how to find a local plumber
- If you are hiring the services of a maintenance company, verify its official business address, contact details, working hours, and reputation.
- Do make sure that the plumber or company GUARANTEES the fix. If not, then they don’t expect it to last.
- Don’t settle for verbal assurances. Always request a written quote in email or message along with a list of services included. This will help you confirm price against competition. It will also serve as proof if things don’t go as planned.
- Your local plumber UK-wide should ideally, carry all tools necessary. Good plumbers will never ask you to supply or rent tools to get the job done.
Now that you are something of a self-made expert on how to find a local plumber, log on to RateUsOnline and book and appointment right away! All our plumbing service experts are vouched for, by experts like you. Don’t forget to leave your review after the job is over. Good luck!